Basic Life Support/CPR Classes
About the Classes:
Dr. Vasanth Kainkaryam strongly believes that the true “Community Doc” of today is fundamentally different. ““Being a 21st century Community Physician is about not only helping individual people, but creating avenues to educate communities so they can save lives and create health together.”
These educational initiatives are part of redefining the role of the Community Physician, creating partners and affiliates to enhance the overall health of the area.
While our classes are done on-site, we can also do them on-site when requested employers, in private physician practices, or for community events.
Basic Life Support Classes are offered by affiliate entity 4 Elements Health & Wellness LLC. This entity is separate from the medical practice entity, and is owned by Dr. Vasanth Kainkaryam. Besides the sharing of location and both being owned by Dr. Kainkaryam, there is no other relationship between the businesses.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as aneffective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
American Heart Association Heartsaver® CPR, AED
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
Classes are conducted by Moshe (“Moe”) Karp, our AHA BLS Instructor, who worked as a NYC Paramedic and volunteered as the Captain of Operations and trainer for his ambulance corp for over a decade. Along with his emergency medicine tenure, he has completed is MD and MPH training at St. George’s University, however has not pursued his MD licensure to practice as a physician in the US. Moe’s AHA certification is aligned with Allied Training and Emergency Consulting, an AHA training site, and LifeSavers Inc., an AHA training center.
Inside 4 Elements Direct Primary Care & Wellness Space
1199 Sullivan Ave
South Windsor, CT 06074
Training can be done on-site at businesses and other locations by request. Please reach out if you are interested.